Friday, July 9, 2010

More life painting!

super quick, monochrome, oil sketch of a lovely young model


another demo oil sketch of a popular Toronto life model- spent about 2 and a half hours on this one


I taught a life painting workshop for the past 3 days- for my school the Leslieville Schoolo of Art. We had a great group of teens and a few adults and a couple of super models. I eased the group in on the first day with a demo and a sepia and white oil sketch. The second day I mixed colour flesh palettes with the students and did a more extensive demo. They all rocked their full colour oil sketches that day. Today they had about 4 and a half hours of model time to complete a third oil sketch- another full colour one. It was great fun watching how differently they all turned out and the progress of my die hard teens totally blew my mind.

No comments: